Strange thing has happened recently; when my hands are cold my rings on my left ring finger slip off completely. Now, I KNOW I haven't lost that much weight. Even the rings I wear on each pinky finger are loose. When I crawled into bed the other night I thought I would lose them while I was sleeping. I got my hand warmed up with a heating pad before going to sleep.
Sunday evening in the grocery I was grabbing TV dinners out of the cold case and they came off again. Figured I better show it to rat, so when he came with the stuff he was picking up from another section I stuck my hand back into the case for about 30 seconds, pulled it out and gently shook my fingers over my other hand. Immediately the rings fell off. rat's eyes got really big for a second. He started talking about the insurance on the diamond ring.
While still wandering the grocery store we discussed having them resized but it is more difficult to size down than size up. We are considering a guard ring to hold the other three on. Yeah, I have three rings-the open-work sterling silver Celtic knotwork one (the largest), the white gold one with the five small diamonds and the thin platnum band to hold them in place. I like white metal of all types and cannot stand yellow gold.
In the past these have fit in the summer because my hands swell. I suspect they will do so again this summer.
I finally figured out later Sunday night why I am having difficulty. My knuckles have finally shrunk back to normal after all these years. When I had swollen knuckles, victims of my carpel tunnel syndrome, they kept my rings on even when they spun around on my fingers.
So it is good my knuckles are normal but it means I am in danger of losing my rings, at least until I find a thin ring to guard them. Going to look in my ring stash to see if I can find something to use until we find something permanent.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*